On the nose is particularly fruity with scents of sour cherry, prunes and blackberries with more complex aroma of black pepper, black olives and ink.
Soft and round on the palate.
Production area: Riesi (CL) - Mazara (TP)
- Vineyard size: 50 Ha
- Soil composition: Calcareous and sandy
- Training method: Spurred cordon
- Elevation: 200 m a.s.l.
- Vines/hectare: 7,000
- Exposure: North east
- Vine Age: 18- 24 years
The grapes are harvested in mid september.
The Nero d'Avola (also known as Calabrese) is the most representative red wine grape varietal in Sicily. Dark- red wine, vinified and aged exclusively in stainless steel in order to maintain unaltered the characteristics of this grape.
The grapes, once collected and became must, are left macerate over the grape skins for all the period of fermentation, to obtain the maximum extract of the color.
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel tanks/18 days at18 °C
- Maceration techinque: On the skins for 10 days
The aging takes place exclusively in stainless steel tanks for a period of six months.
- Type of aging container: Stainless steel tanks, 50 Hl
- Length of aging before bottle:6 months
- Length of bottle aging: 3 months
It’s perfect with traditional Mediterranean dishes, Timballi and dishes with spicy flavour.