With hints of raisins and vanilla it is dry, full, and harmonic on the palate
- VINEYARDS Produced in the D.O.C. area in the Trapani Province, Western Sicily
- SOIL Medium soil, clay
- CULTIVATION counter-espalier, spurred cordon pruning
Soft press and slow fermentation at a controlled temperature of 20-25°C. The base wine is of a more or less intense straw color, with a 12% alcohol content and a minimum residual sugar level of 20g/l. Alcohol, mistella (fresh grape must with added alcohol) and mosto cotto (concentrated fresh grape must which is traditionally “cooked” during 36 hours until it reduces to a third of its original volume) are then added to the base wine, thus giving it respectively its final alcohol content, the desired sugar level and the traditional flavor.
For Colombo Marsala, we add then 10% of superior Marsala, Marsala Superiore Dry, which is aged for minimum 4 years.
Aged for over 2 years (minimum 1 by law) in Slavonian oak barrels
Colombo Marsala Fine Dry is perfect for fish and meat preparation. An elegant aperitif to serve with cheese.
- Pistachio cakes
- Pear, apple, peach or tart and cake. We generally have them with Zabaione or an ice cream made with some Marsala as well.
- Tiramisu ( we generally put Marsala in the cream)
- Ricotta cheese deserts ( Cannoli, Ricotta Tarts, Cassata Siciliana)
- Any almond Deserts
- Dry fruit cakes and sweets