Hints of dates and apricots it is sweet, full, warm and harmonic on the palate with an elegant, dried fruit finish.
- VINEYARDS Produced in the D.O.C. area in the Trapani province, Western Sicily
- SOIL Medium soil, clay
- CULTIVATION counter-espalier, spurred cordon pruning
Soft press and slow fermentation at a controlled temperature of 20-25°C. The base wine is of a more or less intense straw color, with a 12% alcohol content and a minimum residual sugar level of 20g/l. Alcohol, mistella (fresh grape must with added alcohol) and mosto cotto (concentrated fresh grape must which is traditionally “cooked” until it reduces to a third of its original volume) are then added to the base wine, thus giving it respectively its final alcohol content, the desired sugar level and the traditional flavor.
For Colombo Sweet Marsala, we add then 10% of superior Marsala, Marsala Superiore Sweet, which is aged for minimum 4 years.
Aged for over 2 years (minimum 1 by law) in Slavonian oak barrels
Colombo Marsala Fine Sweet is perfect for poultry and dessert preparation.
- Cheese: strong hard cheese, Stilton, Roquefort, Parmesan or any aged cheese.
- As an aperitif it has to be serve chilled: it’s delicious with just some roasted almonds, cheese canapés or assorted charcuterie.
- Dark Chocolate
- Chocolate cakes and sweets.
- Dry fruit cakes and sweets