Fruity with hints of cherry, violet and small red berries. A mature wine since the first year, rich in aromas of ripe wild berries, black and red cherry.
Complex structure, fine grained and rounded tannins. Long finish
Nero d'Avola in purity, cultivated on the hills.
- Territory ∙ Camporeale
- Agronomic technique ∙ Biodynamic - Organic
- Altitude ∙ 450 m.s.l.m.
- Vineyard exposure ∙ North-South
- Soil composition ∙ Medium-textured clayey tendency soil.
- Training system ∙ Guyot
- Plant density ∙ 4000 vines/ha
Harvested by hand in early September.
- Yield ∙ 70 q
- Harvest period ∙ II° decade of October
- Vinification ∙ Destemming with previous cooling at 8°C in the cell, cold pre-fermentative maceration, fermentation at controlled temperature with indigenous yeasts.
- Maceration ∙ 10-12 days.
- Malolactic fermentation ∙ In concrete
- Dry extract ∙ 33 g/l
- Total SO2 ∙ +/- 20 mg/l
Aging in large casks for at least twelve months.
- Aging ∙ 12 months in 25 hl untoasted oak barrels.
- Aging in bottle ∙ 6 months
An intense ruby red color. Ruby with purple hue.
Cold cuts and cheese platter, white and red meats, stews.