Plumbago is dominated by aromas of ripe plums and wild blackberries and has pleasantly complex aromatic hints of incense, jasmine and black truffle.
The tannin texture is varied and combines its soft, sweet and seductive aspects, like a Sacher torta, with the harder, more direct and austere elements of a block of Modica chocolate.
- VINEYARDS: Ulmo, Dispensa. Menfi e Sambuca di Sicilia (Agrigento)
- TYPE OF SOIL: Average texture, moderately deep to deep with abundant pebbles, slightly limey and with sections of dark organic matter.
- ALTITUDE: ULMO 195 m a.s.l. DISPENSA 75 m a.s.l.
- YIELD PER HECTARE: ULMO 90 quintals. DISPENSA 75 quintals.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Spurred cordon.
- PLANTING DENSITY: ULMO 3.800 vines per hectare.
DISPENSA 4.500 vines per hectare.
From September of the year following the harvest.
After destalking and pressing, the grapes ferment in stainless steel vats and remain on the skins for 14 days at 250C with repeated mixing; at the end
of the period racking by soft pressing. The wine thus obtained undergoes malolactic fermentation in stainless steel.
In January it is transferred to wooden barrels for 10 months.
Barriques and tonneaux used 3 and 4 times.
A aturated purple-mauve that you look forward to drinking.
Perfect for matching with grilled meat with its affinity for smokey tones and its natural sweetness which goes with any sauce.