An explosion of aromas of ripe
fruit and the aromatic content of white flowers which magically transport the taster to the slopes of Etna.
On the palate as well the wine manages to combine softness and strength with a drinkable richness, with fruit flavours of lemon peel and green apple linked to an endearing mineral power which prolongs the finish.
- VINEYARD: Sciaranuova. Castiglione di Sicilia (Catania)
- TYPE OF SOIL: The land has perfect aspect and position, black with lava sands and due to this extraordinarily rich in minerals; surrounded by woods and more recent lava flows.
- ALTITUDE: CARRICANTE 820 – 860 m a.s.l. RIESLING 815 m a.s.l.
- YIELD PER HECTARE: CARRICANTE 70 quintal, RIESLING 60 quintals.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Guyot.
- PLANTING DENSITY: 5,000 vines per hectare.
CARRICANTE 15-25 October.
RIESLING 5 October.
End of March.
The grapes are picked into crates and immediately refrigerated at 80C, selected by hand and sent for light destalking and soft pressing; the decanted must is racked, inoculated with yeasts and fermented at 150C in inox stainless steel; the wine thus obtained remains on the fine lees until March with continuous stirring.
AGING CAPACITY: great potential, from 7 to 10 years.
A pale golden colour.
An extraordinary companion for dishes
based on fish of a certain oiliness and thus ideal for any gastronomic experience encountered by the sea.