The aromas of ripe black cherry with that of cardamom, vanilla and cinnamon.
The tannin – mature, soft, rounded – dissolves in the mouth thanks to the incredible sweetness of the fruit. The oriental spices combine with the complex flavours of smoked pancetta, cooked must, marjoram and prickly pear.
- VINEYARD: Dorilli. Acate (Ragusa)
- TYPE OF SOIL: The principal characteristic of the soils of the Cerasuolo di Vittoria area is the sandy texture; consisting chiefly of loose red sands with no stones and moderately deep; a tufa layer lies at about 90 cm, important for the vines’ water balance.
- ALTITUDE: 85 m a.s.l.
- YIELD PER HECTARE: NERO D’AVOLA 75 quintal.
FRAPPATO 55 quintals.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Spurred cordon.
- PLANTING DENSITY: DORILLI Nero D’avola 4,500 vines per hectare. DORILLI Frappato 5,000 vines per hectare.
DORILLI Nero D’avola 25 September. DORILLI Frappato 20 September.
Destalking followed by 21 days lying on the skins at 250C; after racking, malolactic fermentation in stainless steel vats.
Maturation of 12 months in wood barrels.
Oak barrels of 36 hl.
It almost seems that the wine takes
its ruby-purple colour from the red sand of these Nero d’Avola and Frappato vines.
Extraordinary with roast pork chops, well peppered. Its savoury complexity matches well with braised oily fish cooked in liquid, and can also match well with spicy fish cooked in an Asian style.