It has a very intense nose which goes from fruity and floral fragrances, to spiced notes, to mineral ones which reminds the pencil lead, and the sweet ones between vanilla and cinnamon.
A full and fresh sip. A sweet touch of chocolate closes the taste.
- Production area: Castello Federiciano - River Gela
- Type of soil: medium, tending to compact
- Cultivation system: espalier / Guyor cordon spur pruning
- Planting density: 4000 - 5000 plants per hectar
- Yield grape/HA: 65 quintals
Manual, second half of September
De-stemming, fermentation at 25°C for 8 days, macerations on the skin for 15-20 days
12 months in barrique and French oak tonneaux, 6 months in bottle
Mid-aged cheese, meat plates