Of great finesse with scents of raisins and vanilla.
Warm and full, with an elegant finish of bitter almonds and raisins.
The coastal strip of the municipality of Marsala and inland in the Province of Trapani.
- SOIL: Red, sandy soils, dry, rich in sand and marked by a low fertility
- ALTITUDE: Vineyards grown from sea level to 300 metres above sea level
- VINEYARD: Typical Marsala bush-trained vines, density of at least 5,000 plants per hectare
- CLIMATE: Insular, with mild winters and very hot and dry summers
By hand, at advanced ripening, after the 20th of September
Pressing of the grapes with a high sugar content to pass the precious substances found in the skins to the must. Fermentation at controlled temperature and blend of the resulting wine with fortified must, cooked must and wine-brandy.
- SUGAR CONTENT: 38 - 39 g/l
Almost 3 years in oak casks and vats of various capacities. One of the secret of quality marsala is the ageing, for this Vecchioflorio ripen in oak casks of various capacities for at least 30 months, 6 months more than as expected from disciplinary.
At least 2 months in bottle after.
Amber-coloured with gold highlights.
As aperitif go well with medium-aged cheeses, roasted almonds and fish eggs. Is also a traditional dessert wine excellent with pastries and dried fruit
- SERVING TEMPERATURE: As aperitif 8° - 10° C. As dessert wine and as meditation wine 14° - 16° C