Very expressive fruit with more complex aromatic elements of undergrowth, myrtle and oriental spices.
Vanilla, sour cherry, wild strawberry,
a very clean floral effect.In the mouth substantial but smooth.
A wine which unexpectedly transforms into a champion of drinkable red wine with marked savoury flavour and a tasting profile produced by a ferrous touch, rhubarb and very evident black pepper.
- VINEYARD: Pietramarina. Castiglione di Sicilia (Catania)
- TYPE OF SOIL: The land has perfect aspect and position, black from lava sands, and thus extraordinarily rich in minerals, surrounded by woods and more recent lava flows.
- ALTITUDE: 510 m a.s.l.
- YIELD PER HECTARE: 80 quintals.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Spurred cordon.
- PLANTING DENSITY: 5,000 vines per hectare.
The grapes are picked into crates and,
if necessary, are at once refrigerated at 100C, then selected by hand; after destalking, they ferment at 230C in wooden vats and in stainless steel vats, they remain on the skins for 14 days, with a mixing and two manual stirrings each day, decanted with the help of the vertical press.
The wine obtained thus matures in wooden and stainless steel vats for 6-8 months.
In wooden 50 hl vats and stainless steel.
A wine for everyday drinking. Its gastronomic adaptability allows it to accompany the simplest dishes such as pasta with tomato to more complex dishes of meat and fish.