This vintage of our Grecanico has given its best through an exceptional balance between strength and elegance. On the nose the mineral and floral notes are perfectly integrated with each other, aromas of cedar, melon, pears and wild white flowers, boxwood.
In the mouth it is vibrant, but creamy and silky with a white peach note.
- VINEYARD: Ulmo. Sambuca di Sicilia (Agrigento)
- TYPE OF SOIL: Average texture, from moderately deep to deep with abundant stones, slightly limey and with sections of dark organic soil.
- ALTITUDE: 200-250 m a.s.l.
- YIELD PER HECTARE: Grecanico 100 quintals
Sauvignon Blanc 75 quintals.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Spurred cordon..
- PLANTING DENSITY: Grecanico 3,800/4,500 vines per hectare. Sauvignon Blanc 3,800 vines per hectare.
Grecanico 16-22 September.
Sauvignon Blanc 12-13 August.
After destalking and soft pressing, the must is decanted at a low temperature and ferments at 150C; when fermentation has finished it matures on the lees for up to 6 months in stainless steel vats where a batonneur holds the lees in suspension.
The contrast between savoury and sweetness confers a gastronomic strength that makes
it suitable for matching with simple dishes such as a warm seafood salad as well as with more complex ones like a spicy Asian dish with sweet sour sauce. It can be matched with appetisers of Mediterranean cooking and with vegetarian cookery.