Scents of ripe red fruit, graphite and violet
Good balance with soft tannins
- Production area: Mazara del Vallo (TP), Northwestern Sicily (Italy).
- Soil type: clay soil with pebbles and a good amount of limestone
- Altitude: 100/150 meters a.s.l.
- Viticulture: spurred cordon system with a medium-high plant density (5.000 plants/ha)
- Climate: insular-mediterranean with mild winters and breezy summers.
From the end of September to the first week of October, depending each year on the ripening of grapes.
Traditional fermentation with 25-30 days of maceration. Very soft extraction through traditional pumping at a temperature of 26°/28°C
12 months in large oak barrels, then in bottle for 12 months
Intense ruby red with purple hues
Excellent with roasted meat and medium-aged cheese