On the nose it offers notes of violets, cherries, plums and a hint of white pepper.


On the palate, it is medium-bodied, with smooth tannins and a juicy final note.

Growing Conditions

The vineyards are located in central Sicily, in the province of Caltanissetta, at about 500 metres above sea level. The altitude, together with the distance from the sea, provides excellent diurnal variation. The warm Sicilian sun is balanced with fresh, cool evenings, ensuring ideal conditions for ripening the grapes. The vines are planted south facing following the Vertical Trellis System on sandy and clay rich soil using Guyot pruning. Soils here are of medium texture and rich in limestone and clay.

Light rains in mid-summer, followed by a not excessively warm August and regular temperatures, kept the grapes in excellent condition until harvest. This made the wine slightly less alcoholic compared to the previous years, but fresher and more elegant.

- Organic


Handpicked at the end of august.


After de-stemming and maceration on the skins for a period of about 12 days, the grapes were gently pressed and then vinified in temperature-controlled stainless-steel tanks at temperatures of 24°C for 15 days.


70% of the wine aged in stainless-steel tanks while the remaining 30% spent 10 months in 250 litre oak casks.


Deep ruby red wine with shades of purple.

Food Pairing

Pasta alla norma, grilled meat, risotto.